Sorry, this job has expired.
* Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
* Visit us on Wednesday October 24th at 10:00 AM
* Click Apply now for the location address.
At Goodwill, we believe that the opportunity to work can - and does - change a person’s life. A job offers the independence that comes with a paycheck, increases self-esteem, and breaks the cycle of poverty. It’s a philosophy that we have been following in North Florida since 1940, when our local organization was founded as one of a growing number of independent non-profit affiliates of what is now Goodwill Industries International. Today, Goodwill Industries is the nation’s largest private provider of training and employment services for people with disabilities and special needs. And our local organization has grown into one of Goodwill’s top performers in placing people into employment.
Goodwill Industries of North Florida has a openings for a CDL Class A Driver in the Jacksonville area. This is a full-time position with an attractive benefits package. Local deliveries only with no overnight travel. The CDL - A Driver will operate various tractor-trailer combinations, garbage hauler/roll-off, or straight/box trucks for extended periods of time, over intermediate distances between company/customer facilities, terminals, or landfills in order to pick up, transport, and deliver freight in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Valid Florida commercial driver’s license, CDL-A
· Must meet all the qualification requirements for operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) as stated by US Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
· Must be able to work on unforgiving surfaces such as concrete, wood and metal and sometimes on slippery and wet surfaces as may be necessary in loading, handling, securing unloading and delivering freight.
· Must be capable of working independently without constant supervision.
Minimum of two years recent commercial driving experience, operating similar equipment over similar terrains and road conditions for intermediate distances in various traffic and weather conditions, or has graduated from a company acknowledged training program
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone, e-mail, or in person. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for the next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time.
Goodwill Industries of North Florida is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.