Sorry, this job has expired.
Fort Worth, TX
401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Most people think of Goodwill as thrift stores, but our business is really about changing lives. As a not-for-profit leader, Goodwill offers job readiness and vocational training, employment placement assistance to veterans, homeless, disabled and disadvantaged, as well as other supportive services assisting individuals reach their maximum level of self-sufficiency and independence. Goodwill changes lives through the power of work!
Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth is expanding and adding professional positions in an effort to serve our community by empowering people with disabilities, disadvantages and barriers to employment. If you are interested and motivated by making an impact in the community that we serve, this could be a good opportunity for you. Come and join our team!
We are currently seeking a hospitality instructor for the North Texas Institute for Career Development (NTICD).
As hospitality instructor you can expect to:
• Collaborate with Supervisor of Education Programs and Program Director in the development, evaluation and revision of curriculum as created by American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and program activities.
• Deliver classroom instructions and on-the-job training at hotel partners sites adhering with lesson plans.
• Maintain accurate records of students’ attendance, grades, syllabi, assessments, progress reports, final examinations, and other related documentation.
• Submit information in a timely manner to Supervisor of Education Programs.
• Coordinate with employment specialists to secure employment for students/graduates.
• Attend community and recruitment events.
• Participate in student/teacher staffings, faculty meetings, and other organizational efforts.
• Maintain positive relationship with all staff and hotel program partners.
• Obtain a minimum of 20 hrs. in-service education and selected professional growth meetings, and training.
• Associates Degree, or higher preferred, in human services or related field from an accredited institution.
• Professional training and/or 3 years of documented hospitality work experience.
• Valid state driver’s license/ID
• Background check
• Drug screen
• Ability to motivate and exhibit a positive attitude towards students, teaching/learning process, and serve as a role model of the Hospitality profession.
• Ability to operate in an office environment and sit for long periods of time.
• Physically mobile and able to lift 10-15 lbs.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email today. Click “Apply now” to get started.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.